SCPW Solar will be open for enrollment now through December 31st, 2019. Those who commit to installing solar projects will be served on a first come first serve basis, so get started now!
SCPW Solar sponsors and Steering Committee members have been in the planning stages since April 2019. In June 2019, their efforts culminated in a request for proposals for potential contractors, and the beginning of a streamlined and affordable solar experience for Summit and Wasatch County homeowners. The project timeline is as follows:
- June 4, 2019 – SCPW Solar Steering Committee released a public Request for Proposal for solar contractors to submit competitive bids.
- July 5, 2019 – Solar contractors submitted bids
- July 11th, 2019 – Interviews with bidders
- July 11th, 2019 – Volunteer citizen members of the Steering Committee selected the contractor
- July 30, 2019 – SCPW Solar Launch Party (Alpine Distilling)
- July 30 – December 13, 2019 – Official SCPW Solar enrollment
- August – December 31, 2019 – Official SCPW Solar commitment period; solar installations will begin on a first-come, first-served basis.
- December 31, 2019 – Last day for SCPW Solar Participants to commit to installing solar at bulk-purchase rates.
- December 31, 2019 – Preferred completion date of all solar installations*
*Installations may not be completed by this date, pending weather conditions and participation levels. Participants will be served on a first-come, first-served basis. This timeline is subject to change.