The following table provides a quick summary of the various types of incentives available to builders, to the residential sector and the commercial/non-residential sector. Please be sure to consult with an expert and review all the guidelines and rules carefully.
Utility Incentives for Homes
The following utilities offer incentive programs for energy efficient appliances, air sealing, and other energy-saving measures. If your utility isn’t on the list, inquire about the possibility of creating an incentive program!
- Dominion Energy: ThermWise Weatherization Program offers rebates for insulation, air sealing, and duct sealing.
- Dominion Energy: ThermWise Appliance Program offers rebates for smart thermostats, water heating, and HVAC systems.
- Rocky Mountain Power: WattSmart residential incentives & programs include cash discounts and incentives for heating and cooling, insulation, light bulbs and more.
Utility Incentives for Businesses
- Dominion Energy: ThermWise Business Program provides business rebates on HVAC & Water Heating, Smart Thermostat, Food Service Equipment, Weatherization – Retrofit (Insulation), and Laundry Equipment.
- Rocky Mountain Power: WattSmart Incentives & Programs for Businesses provides incentives for typical energy projects such as lighting, compressed air and more. In addition, this program offers assistance on energy analysis, project manager co-funding, and other in-depth energy management tools.
Another Commercial Incentive comes in the form of Commercial Property Assessed Clean Energy (C-PACE) that allows commercial properties to install Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy upgrades with little or no upfront cost. Click here to learn more.
Utility Incentives for Builders
Resources & Technical Assistance:
- ENERGY STAR: Home Energy Yardstick gives you a tool to see how your overall energy use compares to homes nationally and suggests ideas for improving your home’s efficiency.
- Dominion Energy: Thermwise Energy Comparison Report gives you a glimpse into how your natural gas usage compares to other Utahns along with tips to save.
- Rocky Mountain Power Wattsmart Home Energy Report gives you a glimpse into how your electricity usage compares to other Utahns along with tips to save.
- Dominion Energy: ThermWise Home Energy Plan offers trained experts who can provide an energy efficiency assessment and recommendations to improve the efficiency of your home.
- Visit DSIRE for a summary of all Utah energy incentives, policies and financing programs